A1 with the M2 adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 25th, 2007, 09:22 PM   #1
Regular Crew

A1 with the M2 adapter

Here is my own contribution of a few family clips using the M2 35mm adapter. I love the combo.

http://www.tampahighdef.com/march2007.html
Bryan Suthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2007, 09:54 AM   #2
Major Player

Really nice footage. I like your rig. RIGHT THAT'S IT! My next purchase is a 35mm adaptor.
Old March 27th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #3
New Boot

Hey Bryan! really sweet footage. Do you mind if I ask what M2 Bundle are you using. Ive read some people say the A1 works better with the SD M2 bundle and the SD achromat. thanks in advance.
Carlos Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2007, 11:50 PM   #4
Inner Circle

Hey Brian. Nice Job. I did a double take because the little girl was a double for one of my grand daughters !

She's the middle girl shot with my 35mm DIY adapter shown at post 6 in this thread: http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...302#post645302
Old March 28th, 2007, 12:12 AM   #5
Regular Crew

hey bryan, great stuff! Did you make that shoulder rig yourself? What did you use for the rails and baseplate?
Cal Bickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 07:58 AM   #6
Trustee

Bryan, the footage rocks. It's really sharp and the colors are awesome. I watched twice. One time on the quicktime window and another time on a SD monitor...and it looked stellar on both. I remember these kids from some older videos you shot with the FX1 (am I right? :D )
Rafael Lopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 02:14 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hey all,

Thanks for the comments. Now for some answers:

The rig is homemade from a single 1/4"X1" strip of aluminum ($14) bent the way I like it with a rubber mallet. The monitor is bolted on with a short piece of the same aluminum. The handgrips came from a broken tricycle and are bolted on. It works well and is plenty sturdy enough while adding minimal weight.

The rails are what came with the standard M2 adapter. I have the HD achromat (72mm) attached but it is interesting that Carlos mentions the SD achromat as having better results. I still have that one too and may try it also.

The additional baseplate under the M2 setup is a Bogen 3273/3272 quick release combo.

Same kids as the other clips posted. They put up with me pretty well.

Thanks,

Bryan
Bryan Suthard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #8
Major Player

anyone know.. is there an adapter for a 35mm adapter for canon eos lenses?
they all use fd lenses right?
Eric Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Eric,

They don't all use FD lenses.

It depends on the "mount" you get with the adapter - they are typically an add-on of your choice - this is the way it works for the M2. I have the EOS mount and use EOS lenses. I also have a EOS->Nikon ring adapter that I can put on any Nikon lens to hook to the M2 also.
Bryan Suthard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders