Shoddy D4-Component cable at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old March 28th, 2007, 06:54 PM   #1
Major Player

Shoddy D4-Component cable

So I am now almost through my second D4-Component cable for the A1. The first one wore out about 2 weeks ago, I ordered a new one from B&H for $50 and now this one is starting to pull out as well. I havn't used the cords wrong, I havn't wrapped them up tight, I havn't pulled them out by the cord, what kind of crappy expensive cord is this Canon. I have no complaints about the A1 itself but this cord really sucks, and I'm sick of spending $60 every other week so I can monitor my video.
I cannont find any other company that sells these cables, does anyone know where I can find a good quality D4-Component cable for the A1?
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 10:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Did it fail right behind the camera connector? It looks like the insulator sheath was never bonded properly to the connector. A small section of shrink tubing over the flex connection would fix that. Already done this with mine.
Dennis Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2007, 08:42 AM   #3
Major Player

Yup, that is where it failed. I havn't shrink tubed it, but I did wrap the heck out of it with some electrical tape. Where can I find shrink tubing?
Stefan Scherperel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:08 AM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Where can I find shrink tubing?
Radio Shack may carry it. I've seen it in auto parts stores, hardwasre store electrical sections. In any case most electronics parts outlets should have it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders