xtremecameras.com at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Closed Thread

Old April 5th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #1
Tourist

xtremecameras.com

I'm looking to purchase a new XH-A1, and noticed that xtremecameras.com has them for $3,099.00 before the rebate. Has anyone had any dealings with this company? I was going to buy one off B&H photo, but this one is several hundered dollars cheaper. Any thoughts?

http://www.xtremecameras.com/prodeta...p?prodid=24805
Old April 5th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey mark, google "extremecameras.com reviews" and see what people have to say, or go to resellerratings.com and see if they're listed there. If you can not find any reviews on them I would definitely NOT buy from them. There are TONS of online "retailers" that list photo/video equiptment at dirt cheap prices and they are all scams. You will probably never see the camera but you will be stuck with a ridiculously high shipping and handling fee that isn't refundable, and this is what will hapen to you if you're lucky ;-p B&H has by far the lowest price i've seen from reputable dealers. And with them you know you're not getting a grey market camera (no us warranty, no battery, no manual, etc etc) and you know you'll actually get the camera. And they pretty much have a "no questions asked" return policy. That being said, I had to return my first A1 due to malfunctions that I thought were incurred b/c of poor shipping packaging (apparently BH is bad about this) but they took it back and sent me a new one w/o any hassle. The new one is having the same problems now :( but i've found out that its a manufacturing problem that seems to be pretty common and not because of the shipping packaging. So my advice would be that unless you can find a TON of reviews that say extrmcams is a great dealer than I would not even hesitate to buy somewhere else(remember these retailers actualy hire people to write good reviews for them[or they do it themselves] so unless they clearly have a VERY high rating I would avoid them like the plague). Hope this helps....
Old April 5th, 2007, 06:25 PM   #3
Wrangler

Mark,

We refer all of our members to our sponsors: http://www.dvinfo.net/sponsors/

They have all been screened for service, integrity and competitive prices. Please support them and help support this site. Out of respect for them, as a matter of policy we don't allow discussion of other vendors.

Thanks for your understanding.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders