Reasonably priced soft/hard case for the xh-a1 in the uk? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 6th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #1
New Boot

Reasonably priced soft/hard case for the xh-a1 in the uk?

My A1 arrived yesterday and I'm now in need of getting a case for it. Not too sure to go for a soft or hard one. One thing is a definite though, it must not be too expensive...being a poor student, I don't have too much spare cash. Especially after buying the camera!
I've seen some online but they were close to £200! Any recommendations of a decent,cheap(ish) case in the UK?

Thank you.
David Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 03:20 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi!

You need case indeed!I use now softcase,but after i have bought already it,i found quiet good and cheap alternative hard case.Its designed for some type of sony sybershot cameras,but looks like big videocam case.whats a enough expensive for us all.looks like this http://www.euronics.ee/ee/audio-vide...ud?vaata=LCHRA only thing it feels little bit heavy,but sure it can hold you'r baby well.i guess here it costs almost 65 eur.

best regards

raul
Raul Rooma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #3
Contributor

I like the soft bags best. I got a Petrol for the XH A1. I'm sure there must be others available that are less expensive.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #4
Inner Circle

Kata CC-193 is a good, non-expensive soft bag.
Old April 6th, 2007, 11:37 AM   #5
Wrangler

Check the camRade CB Single 1 as a possibility.

Should be able to find it or the Kata in the UK well under £200 (more like 130, VAT included) if one can believe internet prices.

Google can be your friend on this search.
Old April 6th, 2007, 12:13 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I also have a Petrol bag (PWR-HDV) for my XH-A1. It has benefits of both hard & soft cases. The sides are "soft" as are the pockets . However it also has a somewhat rigid frame and will not collapse. The bottom is also designed so that the bottom material sits slightly off the damp ground. This model also has roller wheels and a nice retractable handle. Great build all around.

They also have a non-roller model (PWB-HDV)

Look here... http://www.petrolbags.com/new_petrol_site/
Dearl Golden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #7
New Boot

I recommend the Petrrol PCCB-2N. Around about £110 available from Prokit.
www.prokit.co.uk.

The case is spacious and can easily accomodate the XH A1 and plenty of other accessories. Rigid and sturdy and looks good.

Only problem - Easyjet would not accept it as hand luggage. If this is a consideration, go for the PCCB-1N. 7cm shorter.

I had the opportunity to compare Kata, Petrol, Lowe Pro and many others at the Earls Court Show in February and Petrol by far came out on top. By the way I have no connection with Petro or ProKit. Just giving an honest opinion.
Mervyn Keys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2007, 02:10 PM   #8
Contributor

That's the one I have, the PCUB 1-N. It comes with all sorts of velcro inserts and partitions you can pull out.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2007, 12:34 PM   #9
New Boot

Thanks for all of the help..much appreciated.

I have ordered the Petrol PCCB-2.

Off too look at more accessories now!!
David Robinson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders