Financing a XHA1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 10th, 2007, 11:40 PM   #1
New Boot

Financing a XHA1

Just curious how I could go about doing this the right way because I know I can't afford a 3 thousand dollar camera right off the figure. Any suggestions how I could go about this. If this is the wrong question to ask please ignore me I am terribly sorry. I have access to one but really can't do what I want with it since it isn't mine, it's our television stations equipment. Although I do get my time with it at work.
Stephen Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:00 AM   #2
Tourist

I bought mine through a company that offered free interest for one year if you signed up for their credit card. I pay $300 a month and that should get it paid off in a year. There are a few reputable companies on the internet that I have dealt with that offer this.
Tom Luebbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 12:09 AM   #3
Regular Crew

i'm getting mine from Lorne Lapham
http://www.llsr.com/index.html
leasing it.
their price is $4499.00 canadian i believe and if you get say a 3 year lease its only $135 a month. more per month the shorter you lease it, and the shorter you lease it the less 'extra' you pay in the long run.. but its not a lot either way.
if you want to keep the camera at the end of the lease its only 10% to buy it out.. so $450.
not bad.
David Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 01:14 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Save money. Buy camera
Cal Thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 01:42 AM   #5
Major Player

I know this isn't what you asked, but how about you don't finance an A1. Instead, go for a lower priced camera and work your way up to the bigger guns later on when you have the cash.
Chris Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #6
Trustee

Finance

Wwill you be using the camera for business? if so you can claim the interest paid on a loan or the entire amount of a lease payment as a tax deduction.

if you haven't got the capital then leasing or hire purchase or credit of one kind or another is a common business practice.

It's only worth doing if you can earn more with the camera and therefore will earn the money to pay it off.

and please don't think that because something is tax deductible .. it doesn't cost - you only save the tax you would have paid on that income.

*** this is of course Australian business tax rules and while I'm pretty sure finance rules and tax are similar in the U.S. - you need to check with your accountant.

If you're not in business and you just want a toy - welcome to the credit treadmill
Old April 11th, 2007, 08:21 AM   #7
New Boot

Well I'm supposed to be shooting video for princess anna claire for a upcoming behind the scenes of her new album so i wanted something better then what i currently own myself (an old sony dcrtrv 950). I have about 1/3 of what I would owe for the camera just need to find a place I can purchase one and be able to pay the rest off over time.
Stephen Bolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2007, 09:38 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Bolton View Post
Well I'm supposed to be shooting video for princess anna claire for a upcoming behind the scenes of her new album so i wanted something better then what i currently own myself (an old sony dcrtrv 950). I have about 1/3 of what I would owe for the camera just need to find a place I can purchase one and be able to pay the rest off over time.
I bought my 2 A1s with onecall. They have a great service, finance with no interest for 1 year, and after rebate and sale tomorow, you just pay $3050 at the end.

They are a canon dealer !!!!

I dont think with that coupon sale is any other better deal. Plus finance
Jose Ortiz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders