Chroziel matte box for XH-A1 with option for Nikkon 35mm Primes via 35mm adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 15th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Chroziel matte box for XH-A1 with option for Nikkon 35mm Primes via 35mm adapter

Hello everyone,

I would really appreciate some advice on the subject of Chroziel matte boxes.

I have a Canon XH A1, an SGPRO 35mm adaptor, several 35mm Nikon Prime lenses and am looking to buy a Chroziel matte box for this setup, that will work with the 35mm prime lenses (using an appropriate step down ring) and also with the XH-A1 without the 35mm adapter.

Obviously I could buy Chroziel's matte box specifically for the XHA1 as on B&H the "Chrosziel XHA1K XH-A1 4x4 Mattebox - with French Flag" but as it is so expensive I am trying to get hold of one second hand.

1)My question is in order to allow me to use the XH A1s native 16:9 mode without vignetting, do I need to buy a Chrosziel matte box that specifically mentions it has a "16:9" housing" or is the fact that the specs of the second hand Chrosziel lists 4x4 as its size enough, even it states that it is a 4:3 Chrosziel.

2)On a seperate note concerning the 35mm adapter (in this case the SGPRO) does anyone know if you should set the XHA1 to shoot the focusing screen of the adapter in 4:3 mode, rather than 16:9 mode, as surely the nikon prime lens projects onto the focusing screen of the adaptor a 4:3 image?

Alex
Alex Bianco is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders