Matching Sony HC1 with A1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old September 14th, 2008, 11:52 AM   #16
Regular Crew

I finally got my Canon XH-A1 last week from a dvinfo.net seller (thanks Dave, http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/private-c...d280-more.html). If there's any newer advice on working with the HC1, I'd love to hear it.

I don't plan on selling my HC1, keeping it mainly for my personal events. I'd like to work alongside my XH-A1 sometimes with this cam, or maybe I'll use as a behind the scenes cam on projects.
Old September 14th, 2008, 06:33 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I have the HC1 and an A1 as welll and I will be combining shots from them both. Sorry can't give you too much advice right now other that I find the HC1 does not perform well in low light so I don't use it in those situations. I'll keep track of this thread and will relay my experience as I use them together more and more.
Guy Shaddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 09:51 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Since I have 2 A1s now, my HC1 is being used less and mainly as a tape loader. Occasionally, I used the HC1 for wider shots and A1 for the tighter shots. Also, I think it helps to apply the blur filter on the HC1 footage so that it matches better than the A1 in post. Good luck.
Eric Chan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders