Documentary -- and tribute to Disjecta - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 30th, 2007, 06:03 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks Paul & Jim.

Re the end credits -- the film was screened on a Saturday at a big event. It was 40 minutes long on the Tuesday before that when they called and told me to cut 10 minutes out of it before Saturday! These were people who hadn't even seen the film simply saying, "It's too long, people won't sit for it!" So I cut it down to 35 minutes (the final length that's up there), and told them yeah, it's now 30 minutes... :-)

After the screening, the guys who had asked me to cut 10 minutes said, "Wow, I wish we hadn't made you cut it, we had no idea that it would be the high point of the evening! I wish it were longer!" I made a DVD with the film on it and 15 minutes of "bonus scenes," and they sent out a thousand copies last week.

But I mention this about being forced to cut it because I cut a longer end credit sequence where I'd listed all the folks who'd participated and actually had shots of them, and I guess I made the credits a little abrupt when I hacked that off...
Jeff Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 06:33 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Wow, didn't know that :) For me it just didn't feel right. Especially after that great opening, which reminded me of mainstream japanimation features. They often start in the same vein. And I just happen to like that style of filming empty places.

Anyway, glad that they were in awe with it and that it was the highlight of the evening!

And concerning time constraints: I often get annoyed when clients don't have a sense of time. They say: Oh, the movie should only last, what, ten minutes, when in reality that's too long, or when they say: Oh, only a minute or two, when afterwards they say that it has to be longer...
But that's material for discussion for a different thread and section :)
Paul Lashmana is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders