DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XH-A1 and operator with multifocal glasses (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/92189-xh-a1-operator-multifocal-glasses.html)

Yobel Pembebasan April 23rd, 2007 12:36 PM

XH-A1 and operator with multifocal glasses

I am considering XH-A1 for my next purchase. My question is, since I am wearing a multifocal glasses, does this cam has diopter control on the view finder that will allow me to remove my glasses and focus through viewfinder? Or shall I be looking for another cam? I understand that HDV camera is more difficult to focus.

Thanks.

Gregg Havens April 23rd, 2007 12:46 PM

eye full

I wear tri-focals and the adjustment is good enough for me to look in my far and mid focal ranges. I haven't tried the near vision.

Yobel Pembebasan April 23rd, 2007 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregg Havens (Post 665840)
I wear tri-focals and the adjustment is good enough for me to look in my far and mid focal ranges. I haven't tried the near vision.

Thanks for the reply Gregg

Does that mean you wear your glasses when shooting through viewfinder?

Gregg Havens April 23rd, 2007 03:05 PM

yep

I have only had the camera for a week and I have been doing a lot of test shots. I tend to use the LCD for most of my framing and set up. But in the sun light I find I can get a better view in the view finder. I have been looking at the ICUFF seen in other posts for use with the view finder.
My best no glasses focus is at about 18", so when I want a fine focus I use the view finder and my glasses. That way I can see clearly in the distance and quickly get the focus I want without taking the glasses off.

Peter Wiley April 23rd, 2007 05:09 PM

I wear no-line bifocals and have an awful time with the viewfinder of the XL2. The diopter adjustment can't adjust to correct for my nearsightedness. To see an in-focus image the viewfinder I have to wear my computer glasses. They have a fixed focal length that will work with the adjustment.

What works will depend on how bad your eyes are. Mine are pretty bad.

Bill Pryor April 23rd, 2007 05:43 PM

I wear the same thing and I don't have any trouble focusing. I did buy the Sony eyecup, which I consider essential.

Yobel Pembebasan April 24th, 2007 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Wiley (Post 666007)
I wear no-line bifocals and have an awful time with the viewfinder of the XL2. The diopter adjustment can't adjust to correct for my nearsightedness. To see an in-focus image the viewfinder I have to wear my computer glasses. They have a fixed focal length that will work with the adjustment.

What works will depend on how bad your eyes are. Mine are pretty bad.

Mine are moving from bad to worse. :-p