DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Canon HDV Seminar Saturday 28th (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/92547-canon-hdv-seminar-saturday-28th.html)

Donald Zimmerman April 27th, 2007 05:31 AM

Canon HDV Seminar Saturday 28th

Samy Hosts Seminar: "Making the Transition -- SD to HD"

By Staff

Apr 25, 2007, 05:42

Just as DV Production in the standard-definition world has started to become commonplace, the industry focus has shifted to high-definition. On Saturday, April 28, 2007, Samy's Camera and DV Camps will host a one-day seminar focusing on the HDV format, which uses DVD-style compression to record onto standard definition mini-DV tape.

The seminar starts out with a basic overview of the Canon XHA1 HDV camcorder. Cinematographer Greg Salman will detail the array of features including native 16:9 HD Sensor, 24fps, SD, and true 1080i. Attendees will learn about all the buttons, menu items and features of the camera.

Next up Arri lighting guru John Gresch will cover basic HD Lighting techniques including soft light, hard light, three-point lighting, gels, flags, bounce techniques, judging exposure, contrast control, color temperature and much more.

This will be followed by a session conducted by an Adobe certified trainer that provides an overview of Adobe Premiere Pro, which has native HDV edit support. Adobe Premiere Pro is now available on the Mac Platform. Topics will include multi-format and native HDV editing, multi-camera editing, embeding video in PDF files, timeline DVD authoring, enhanced color correction and more.

WHEN: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 10am to 6pm
WHERE: Samy’s Camera
431 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036
SIGN-UP: Call 323-938-2420 ext: 1286 or visit www.Samys.com
For complete details call DV Camps at (800) 525-5854
Visit www.DVCamps.co
Fee: $75

Nathan Quattrini April 27th, 2007 08:30 AM

why don`t I ever see these on the east coast :( I`d be in boston so faast for something like this

Maksim Yankovskiy April 27th, 2007 10:34 AM

I wanted to attend so bad, I would have driven all the way down to LA; alas, I have a friend's birthday I have to be at.
Is there a similar event planned in the future? Maybe somewhere closer to San Francisco?
Thanks!

Gert Kracht April 27th, 2007 02:58 PM

Why not record it (in HDV) and bring it to the internet ?
I would not mind paying for it.....

Maksim Yankovskiy April 29th, 2007 10:59 PM

I would not mind getting it broadcasted (youtube?) or DVD. I would pay for it too!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gert Kracht (Post 668728)
Why not record it (in HDV) and bring it to the internet ?
I would not mind paying for it.....

Nelson Cole April 29th, 2007 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathan Quattrini (Post 668467)
why don`t I ever see these on the east coast :( I`d be in boston so faast for something like this

And I would even drive from the boonies of central Maine...