Canon HDV Seminar Saturday 28th at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 27th, 2007, 05:31 AM   #1
Tourist

Canon HDV Seminar Saturday 28th

Samy Hosts Seminar: "Making the Transition -- SD to HD"

By Staff

Apr 25, 2007, 05:42

Just as DV Production in the standard-definition world has started to become commonplace, the industry focus has shifted to high-definition. On Saturday, April 28, 2007, Samy's Camera and DV Camps will host a one-day seminar focusing on the HDV format, which uses DVD-style compression to record onto standard definition mini-DV tape.

The seminar starts out with a basic overview of the Canon XHA1 HDV camcorder. Cinematographer Greg Salman will detail the array of features including native 16:9 HD Sensor, 24fps, SD, and true 1080i. Attendees will learn about all the buttons, menu items and features of the camera.

Next up Arri lighting guru John Gresch will cover basic HD Lighting techniques including soft light, hard light, three-point lighting, gels, flags, bounce techniques, judging exposure, contrast control, color temperature and much more.

This will be followed by a session conducted by an Adobe certified trainer that provides an overview of Adobe Premiere Pro, which has native HDV edit support. Adobe Premiere Pro is now available on the Mac Platform. Topics will include multi-format and native HDV editing, multi-camera editing, embeding video in PDF files, timeline DVD authoring, enhanced color correction and more.

WHEN: Saturday, April 28, 2007, 10am to 6pm
WHERE: Samy’s Camera
431 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036
SIGN-UP: Call 323-938-2420 ext: 1286 or visit www.Samys.com
For complete details call DV Camps at (800) 525-5854
Visit www.DVCamps.co
Fee: $75
Donald Zimmerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 08:30 AM   #2
Major Player

why don`t I ever see these on the east coast :( I`d be in boston so faast for something like this
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I wanted to attend so bad, I would have driven all the way down to LA; alas, I have a friend's birthday I have to be at.
Is there a similar event planned in the future? Maybe somewhere closer to San Francisco?
Thanks!
Maksim Yankovskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Why not record it (in HDV) and bring it to the internet ?
I would not mind paying for it.....
Gert Kracht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 10:59 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I would not mind getting it broadcasted (youtube?) or DVD. I would pay for it too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert Kracht View Post
Why not record it (in HDV) and bring it to the internet ?
I would not mind paying for it.....
Maksim Yankovskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2007, 11:44 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Quattrini View Post
why don`t I ever see these on the east coast :( I`d be in boston so faast for something like this
And I would even drive from the boonies of central Maine...
Nelson Cole is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders