Best place to buy the A1? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Closed Thread

Old April 30th, 2007, 03:22 PM   #1
Major Player

Best place to buy the A1?

I am really looking into purchasing this camera for my short films, travel video (non handheld non run and gun), possible events etc. I have been reading alot on the forums and have heard a lot of good about B and H, though sometimes it seems the resell returns to other customers? I`m looking at this bundle

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...=473465&is=REG

does it seem like a good buy? I am aiming to get my money`s worth for a few years to come. Has anyone used the battery is comes with? Also are there any other reliable 'safe' sites that have good deals?
Old April 30th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #2
Contributor

Stick with B&H or any of the other dealers who advertise on here. You go to the cheapestplacesontheweb.com, you'll get screwed.

Another friend of mine is ordering his XH A1 today, and I sent him to Tapeworks Texas because they have that free Camrade bag deal for the XH A1, so that's the place I'd buy today. They have an ad here someplace and some comments. They don't have on line ordering, so you'll have to use the phone. Same for Zotz Digital--I bought a tripod from them, and they're a good place too. All the legit places have the same price on the XH A1, and Canon has the $250 rebate now, so it's a good time to buy. I paid the bleeding edge price at $4K in December because I couldn't wait, and I didn't get a free bag.

I'm using the battery that came with the camera. It lasts about 5 hours. I have a week shoot coming up in a couple of months, so I think I'll buy the 970 before that. It goes about 7 hours.
Old April 30th, 2007, 04:11 PM   #3
MPS Digital Studios

Try one of our official sponsors:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/forumdisplay.php?f=22

heath

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders