remote for A1... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old April 30th, 2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

remote for A1...

the remote that came with my A1 all the sudden stopped working :(. put in fresh batteries and nothing. the cam in only a couple months old and I never used the remote other than the first couple days while testing it out. so I'm guessing I hit something on the cam to turn it off. does anyone know what I did? also is there some sort of zoom device that I can buy for the A1? my libec tripod didnt come with anything to zoom in/out or start/stop recording.

thanks,

Mark
Mark Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #2
Inner Circle

My XLH1 uses two remote settings, and I believe that yours does too. Remote 1 and remote 2, so you don't get interference from another or you can control two separately. Check what yours is set to. The remote has a remote set button too, I don't have time right now to check that, but check your manual.

The remote control for the zoom you asked about is a LANK control. There are several manufactures to include Canon and VariZoom. Check them out. They are very handy because you can zoom, focus, start and stop, and put into standby mode etc.

Good luck---Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders