DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Trouble loading PRESET (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/93345-trouble-loading-preset.html)

Don Jones May 6th, 2007 01:45 PM

Trouble loading PRESET

Okay, Mama never said that I was the sharpest knife in her drawer so would someone walk me through the steps to downloading the PRESET files from the website into the camera, XH A1. I'm using a MacBook Pro with a borrowed USB Ultra card reader which accepts the camera's included SDC card. I'm trying but no luck.

Don

Steven Cowie May 6th, 2007 02:20 PM

save the files to your hard disk

create a PRESET folder on root of the cameras memory card (ie not inside any existing photo directory on the card) Make sure the filename is typed in full capitals as its case sensitive (your mac may display it as Preset once named but make sure you type it in capitals)

copy the preset files into that folder

I think only presets numbered PRESET01.CPF PRESET02.CPF upto PRESET19.CPF will be recongized by the camera (any with names such as PRESET20.CPF PRESET21.CPF will have to be renamed to fall within the 01 to 19 range if you want the camera to accept them)

Best to stick with getting the camera to recognise PRESET01.CPF and take it from there

Trish Kerr May 6th, 2007 02:21 PM

You need to download the files (ie. PRESET15.CPF) into a directory called PRESET

can't be named anything else. I think it even needs to be capitalized. Then put that directory on the card. Also get rid of any mac-centric extra files that sometimes happen in the copying.

the presets named with higher numbers than 20 need to be renamed to lower numbers as the camera only reads in 20 presets from the card. So if someone labeled something 22 and there is no 17, rename the file before putting in on the SD card. And I believe they need to be named in order, ie - if you have 17, then skip to 19, it may not find it. Not 100% sure on this but to be safe make sure the numbers go up in order.

Trish

Steven Cowie May 6th, 2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trish Kerr (Post 673719)
And I believe they need to be named in order, ie - if you have 17, then skip to 19, it may not find it. Not 100% sure on this but to be safe make sure the numbers go up in order.

Trish

hi Trish

can confirm its safe enough to skip unwanted ones (Ive got presets numbered 05 08 and 12 on a card and it reads them quite happily despite the gaps in the sequence)

Don Jones May 6th, 2007 08:01 PM

Steven, Trish, thanks a million. It worked perfectly. I got to shoot a minute or two using panalook in 24f just as the sun was setting, not the best lighting, but WOW! Breath taking picture and color when played back on my 1080i big screen. Amazing. Thanks again.

Don