DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Innocent Mistake. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/93661-innocent-mistake.html)

Kalulu Ngilo May 9th, 2007 06:12 PM

Innocent Mistake.

I recently just bought a sennheiser g2 wireless system. Not knowing that much about them, i chose a 626MHz-662MHz. Hey, i didn't know anything about them, however i knew how to get them connected to A1.

So i received the package today from B&H and there was a flyer in the manual. Frequencies, i panicked since it listed US TV-Channel freq. that matched the same range. so I did a little googling and it appears you need a license to use wireless microphones!!!!! what do i do now?

EW 100 G2 Series - 626MHz to 662MHz frequency.

I'm in Riverside, CA. I'm i totally screwed for jumping into the ocean without first, learning how to swim? the set will be used for weddings, videos, interviews, etc.

is there a way out without returning the product? I tested the set and it worked perfectly. I'm I alright if use them anywhere in town?

Mike Teutsch May 9th, 2007 06:22 PM

I have the "B" kit also, 626MHz to 662MHz frequency, don't think you need any kind of license though. Good luck with your business.

Mike

Kalulu Ngilo May 9th, 2007 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch (Post 676098)
I have the "B" kit also, 626MHz to 662MHz frequency, don't think you need any kind of license though. Good luck with your business.

Mike

can you usually get the lavalier to work in conjuction with the wireless mic? I got the bundle that has the receiver,transmiter, lavalier, and mic with xlr output. is it possible to use both at the same time, each using a single channel?

Mike Teutsch May 9th, 2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalulu Ngilo (Post 676100)
can you usually get the lavalier to work in conjuction with the wireless mic? I got the bundle that has the receiver,transmiter, lavalier, and mic with xlr output. is it possible to use both at the same time, each using a single channel?

I have not tried it myself, but they say you can't use both at once. They are supposed to interfere with each other. You would not normally use a lav with a hand-held that often anyway.

Mike

Kalulu Ngilo May 9th, 2007 07:52 PM

what about...

can I use one of the wireless together with the A1 microphone?

Eric Weiss May 9th, 2007 07:53 PM

both at once doesn't work.
i often need 2 mics and had to purchase 2 setups.

i played around with the audio on the a1 briefly and got the internal and external going.
i wouldnt suggest it..you'll get a lot of "room noise" and whoever is mic'd could get drowned out
by what "might" come in front of the cam.

Bill Busby May 9th, 2007 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Weiss (Post 676169)
i played around with the audio on the a1 briefly and got the internal and external going.

How did you accomplish this when switching XLR on in the menu disables the on-board mic? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Bill

Eric Weiss May 9th, 2007 08:37 PM

didn't use the xlr.

Kalulu Ngilo May 9th, 2007 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Weiss (Post 676197)
didn't use the xlr.

a local tv station here was using the hand held wireless plus the camera mic. did they use like a table/rack receiver to accomplish this technique?

Douglas Villalba May 9th, 2007 09:23 PM

They provably had a multi channel receiver.

Don Palomaki May 10th, 2007 08:31 AM

Quote:

so I did a little googling and it appears you need a license to use wireless microphones!!!!!
Should not be a problem in the USA if the power is below a certain level. You do have to put up with any interference from other transmitters. But you should be able to find an open frequency range (it covers 6 channels, and over-the-air broadcast usually does not use adjacent channels in the same area) within the units capabilities.

However, if you are not in the USA (e.g, in Kenya per your profile), different rules are likely to apply.