Preset to card question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 18th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #1
Major Player

Preset to card question

I guess I must be stupid, I installed my 2gb memory card in my XH A1 and turned the camera on TV mode. I scrolled through the menu to Custom Preset. I cannot seem to get my computer to recognize this SD card as a drive so I can install the presets. Can someone tell me the EXACT settings the camera should be on and how the heck to get the presets from DVinfo to the SD card in the camera? Thanks. J
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 09:29 PM   #2
Major Player

Is there no way to load these presets onto the card while it is in the camera? i.e. use the camera as the card writer? I do not have a separate card reader. J
John L. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 10:07 PM   #3
Major Player

Quoted from previous posts in XH Custom Presets Download Library:

"there's bad news and good news. The bad news is yes you must have an SD card reader, there's no other way (except for Canon's $600 Console software). The good news is that SD card readers are dirt cheap ($10 to $20) and are available anywhere (Wal-Mart, Radio Shack, Best Buy, maybe even Walgreens)... there's no excuse not to have one for your XH camcorder."

"A card reader is just a lot more convienient & a must have... but it IS possible to access any downloaded preset by using either one of the two tweaking programs mentioned here in the forums (the two freebies... not Console) without having a reader.

Just open them from your hard drive using one of the programs & it will show you the settings. You'll just have to spend time "copying" the settings manually in the Custom Preset menu, which can take some time."
Bill Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 01:07 AM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the info, figured it out. VERY happy with these presets. J
John L. Miller is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders