My rig is evolving. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old May 31st, 2007, 03:55 PM   #16
Tourist

Wich Cavision part?

Hi Matthew! I have the same camera, monitor and a Cavision rails system,I would like to know the part model number of the Cavision plate on the tripod head plate and how you are connected the Noga Monitor Arm to the rails,
thank you
Massimiliano Minoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 06:26 AM   #17
Major Player

matthew... sweet setup!

i would second bill's recommendation for zacuto support products. i like the fact that their rods are expandable (screw into each other) -- makes for easy transport, and you don't need to carry around 5 sets of rods at different lengths. their z-mount is awesome for mounting an lcd, like the swit or marshall, to the rods -- very strong and stable, and no slipping, you also gain the benefit of the z-mount quick release, for quick attaching/detaching of the articulating arm.
Henry Cho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2007, 11:45 AM   #18
Regular Crew

Hey Matthew,

Great setup, I just ordered an M2 and rods for my XL2s/XH-A1 - looks great!

Now, where's some footage from this beast?
Jason Michael Holly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 05:41 PM   #19
Major Player

What do you do about external recording? I've learned that the XH A1 doesn't have anyway to take the timecode out of the camera. I'm curious what you do as an alternative.

-Terry.
Terry Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 01:50 AM   #20
New Boot

I was going to order the rods today. What part do I need to make sure it fits on my 501 head with quick release plate?

Thanks much
William Becker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #21
Major Player

hey guys, sorry, was away!

Lots of questions! AHHH!

Basically:

Cavision is awsome.
I want a follow focus, but all so expensive for a freaking gearbox! (Will by RR soon)
I have a few UV filters and a 72-82--82-72 set-up so I can space it perfectly, and use on an HVX if I have to. I have mine set up so I zoom to a preset (75) and then focus all the way right (1.3 feet) and it is tack sharp. Took some time to get it perfect, due to the A1's weak Macro photography.

The Micro flip unit should solve it cause them mirrors eat up a lot of space.

Unfortunatly, my Rigt is imposible to duplicate perfectly now cause Cavision doesn't make this plate anymore. It was designed for th XL2 anyway :P

It's my own home-made hardmount kit, had it before RR released one (followed some tutorials). I have shot a short with it recently and it looks killer! Just trying to get it up online in a decent format.

More to come.

Matt
Matthew Nayman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders