FX1, A1 and HVX Playing together - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XH G1S / G1 (with SDI), Canon XH A1S / A1 (without SDI).

Old June 1st, 2007, 10:03 AM   #16
Major Player

Thanks Nathan

A camera is just a tool.

What I didn't mention before is that the HVX was set for 720p24 and the A1 and FX1 at 1080i30.

The A1 I had just bought and was factory set and WB was 3200k with auto iris and focus.
The FX1 was the operator's and also factory set.

All matching is being done in post.
Old June 2nd, 2007, 02:03 AM   #17
New Boot

Wow, the camera's do work well together. Thanks for the footage. Gives me a better feeling about matching up the A1 with other cameras.

Did you do the editing on this piece as well?
Paul Vilchur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2007, 09:06 PM   #18
Regular Crew

the hand held one seems to have the highest clarity and details, what camera is that? The one on the ground with wide shot seems the colour is abit muted and the top shot has abit of oversaturation. I love the handheld one.
ys
Yow Siang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 08:33 AM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Vilchur View Post
Wow, the camera's do work well together. Thanks for the footage. Gives me a better feeling about matching up the A1 with other cameras.

Did you do the editing on this piece as well?
Yes I am working on the editing. They didn't looked that way on the raw footage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yow Siang View Post
the hand held one seems to have the highest clarity and details, what camera is that? The one on the ground with wide shot seems the colour is abit muted and the top shot has abit of oversaturation. I love the handheld one.
ys
Good eye for detail Yow.

Cameras:
A1 on Cobra Crane (1080i/30f, factory settings on auto focus and iris)(Knowing what I know now, next time I would set focus manually to about 15' and I already have it setup with Steven's VIVIDRGB)
FX1 center on tripod (same as above. I think that the lens was dirty)(On editing I had to use 2 3way CC filters to get the saturation to what you see with FCP5)
HVX on GlideCam Smooth Shooter (720/24p to FS-100 HDD recorder 1/48, Color gain to +3, manual focus at 10ft aperture at f2.8) No CC on editing.

Capture the HDV cameras with Decklink Extreme HD card with DVCPROHD 1080./60 codec through HV20 Component out.
The HVX files from the FS-100 were transfer to the HDD RAID and laid over the multiclip of the HDV cameras. Blown up to 150% to match 1080 and rendered together.

IMHO-The HVX has more natural colors so to match the reds I have over saturate the other two. I think that the extra resolution comes from recording DVCPROHD 4:2:2

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders