DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Nightvision Preset? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/95687-nightvision-preset.html)

Liam Nazemi June 3rd, 2007 02:53 PM

Nightvision Preset?

1 Attachment(s)
Hello :-)

Does anyone have a nightvision preset for sharing?
(u know the green-ish night colour)

/thx

PS... the picture is from Chris Cunninghams - Rubber Johnnny

that is what i'm looking for

David W. Jones June 3rd, 2007 03:28 PM

I do not know of a "Nightvision Preset" for the G1/A1.
But here is a link to a camera that has 0 Lux Night Vision built it.

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=95383

Andrew McDowell June 3rd, 2007 03:49 PM

i dont think that would be in the presets.

it would be a function.

a fuction that the XH-A1 doesnt have

Liam Nazemi June 3rd, 2007 04:07 PM

I know that the XH A1 dosent have night vision...

But u could fake it... and use a night-ish lookalike preset?

Bill Busby June 3rd, 2007 04:08 PM

Just do it in post. B&W with a slight greenish tint, nudge luma & gamma a bit, add a vignette filter & maybe add some noise, or shoot in high gain... cut out a render middleman :D

Bill

Wynn Bradford June 3rd, 2007 07:07 PM

Night Vision

I actually have one I set up last week end for a simulation in a movie it worked great. It is desgined to work with 4 tungsten 40 watt floods about 15 feet apart. It was great because the actors could see what they were doing but it gave you the feeling you were in total darkness. Send me your email and I'll send it to you.

Wynn B

wbradford@dtwproductions.com

Steven Dempsey June 5th, 2007 07:38 AM

Wynn, unless there is a specific reason you can't, it would be great if you would share it with the rest of the board by posting in the presets section of this forum.

thanks

Wynn Bradford June 5th, 2007 09:41 AM

Night Vision

Sure I'll do it as soon as I get home this evening. I have a real night scope so I set it up as close to it as I could.

Wynn B

Wynn Bradford June 5th, 2007 09:15 PM

Preset

Sorry guys but I cannot figure out how to upload or I may not be allowed.
Thanx for any help.

Wynn B

Greg Boston June 5th, 2007 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynn Bradford (Post 692534)
Sorry guys but I cannot figure out how to upload or I may not be allowed.
Thanx for any help.

When posting a message, look below the text window under Additonal Options. You should see a box labeled Attach Files with a 'Manage Attachments' button. Click that and you'll see a bunch of 'choose file' buttons. Click the first one, select the file from your system and upload it by selecting the 'upload' button. Wait until it's finished, then close the window. At that point, you can 'submit reply' as you normally would.

Hope this helps,

-gb-

Bill Busby June 5th, 2007 11:49 PM

Greg, he may not have been here long enough. I recall there being a somewhat good while for me after becoming a member here before I could upload anything. The posting rules at the bottom right dictate what can & cannot be done for a user.

Wynn, at the very least (until you get upload privileges), you could type the settings changed according to the CP menu for those interested in this preset. Of course this takes a bit of time though :)

Bill

Wynn Bradford June 6th, 2007 06:12 PM

Night Vision

Here we go..
GAM:N ,KNE:A ,BLK:S ,PED:6 ,SET:0 ,SHP:-9 ,HDF:M , DHV:0 ,COR:-9 ,NR1:OFF , NR2:OFF ,CMX:N , CGN:-32 ,CHP:0 ,RGN:-50 ,GGN:21 , BGN:-50 ,RGN:-50 ,RBM:-50 ,GRM:-50 ,GBM:-50 ,BRM:-50 ,BGM:-50

AGC:OFF ,GAIN:H ,AF:M ,AWB:OFF ,WBPreset:Tungsten ,AE SHIFT:-0.25 ,GAIN SETTING(Menu) 12db

Use weak floods and try to avoid black shadows because in real low light there are none.

Good Shooting

Wynn Bradfored

Liam Nazemi June 12th, 2007 01:48 AM

thx for the feedback,...

i will send u an email Wynn

cheers!

Chris Hurd June 12th, 2007 06:30 AM

Try again, Wynne -- you should be able to upload attachments now.

Wynn Bradford June 12th, 2007 06:43 AM

Night Vision Preset

1 Attachment(s)
Oh guys and Gals her it is ......I hope!

Wynn B