DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XH Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   Last Day for XHA1 Rebate (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xh-series-hdv-camcorders/97871-last-day-xha1-rebate.html)

Scott Cantrell June 30th, 2007 09:09 AM

Last Day for XHA1 Rebate

Just a Reminder to everyone in the US that today, June 30th, 2007 is the last day for the Promotional Rebates being offered from Canon.

TapeWorks Texas Inc currently has 3 XHA1's remaining in inventory available to invoice today and you will receive the $250.00 Rebate. Sale price is $3495.00 and you will receive a free CamRade CB-Single I Cambag with purchase.

We do not have any XHG1's available.

I will be in the office today until 3pm CST if you are interested, call toll free 866-827-3489.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
Sales Manager
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser

Bill Pryor June 30th, 2007 10:33 AM

I can tell ya this is the best deal out there. A friend of mine did it with Tapeworks Texas and is a very happy camper. The free bag would be about 150 bucks, so in effect you're getting the camera for just over $3K. Contrast that with the $4K I paid the day the camera came out, plus about $180 for a bag, and a guy buying one today is going to spend about a thousand bucks less than I did.

Scott Cantrell June 30th, 2007 10:51 AM

Bill, Thanks for the input! You're a major contributer in this forum and I really appreciate you referencing TapeWorks as a good vendor.

I noticed your post concerning the HV20 for playback w/24f
Are you able to capture 24f from the XHA1 into FCP?
Do you have a HDD and if so can you import the 24f into FCP that way?
I've been hearing conflicting reports on the compatibility with FCP and Canon's codec. As I understand, 30f works fine, but not 24f.

-Scott Cantrell

Scott Cantrell June 30th, 2007 10:53 AM

Bill, nevermind, I just read your post in the thread
FCP users: import problem

Thanks,
Scott Cantrell

Bill Pryor June 30th, 2007 11:26 AM

No problem for me with the XH A1 doing 24f; I use the 1080p24 easy setup and stay in a 24p HDV mode all the way through editing. Some people have said they have a problem, but it's with the setup or sometimes they don't have the 5.1.2 upgrade, which you must have to use the 24f. And to get that upgrade you need to have the earlier $49 upgrade to Universal, and I don't know if that's still available. It may cost more than $49 now.

Jeff Bradt June 30th, 2007 06:34 PM

Any idea if the Canon A1 rebate will be extended?

I just realized today that the rebate is ending. I assume I could still order a cam tonight to get the rebate but does anyone have a feel for whether Canon will continue the rebate the way they do for the GL2s? I really want 2 A1s but would rather wait to buy the 2nd.

Rene Roslev June 30th, 2007 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Bradt (Post 705250)
...does anyone have a feel for whether Canon will continue the rebate the way they do for the GL2s?

According to a member of dvxuser they will:
http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?t=102261

Jeff Bradt June 30th, 2007 07:35 PM

Wow, great info. That's exactly what I was hoping to find out tonight.

Thanks!

Brian Keith Moody June 30th, 2007 10:25 PM

Wait a week or so. There will be some other kind of rebate. There always is.

Sam Ren June 30th, 2007 11:20 PM

Tapeworks = best place to buy XHA1... i got mine there & its really a beautiful thing... im guessing you all missed out on the rebate by now though... sorry bout that...

-Sam~!

Jeff Bradt July 1st, 2007 06:09 AM

The new rebate is now posted

July 1 through September 30th!!!

Great news.

Scott Cantrell July 2nd, 2007 09:36 AM

I have just received confirmation from my Canon USA Represetative that they will be extending the Rebates until Sept 30th. Basically this means I came into work on Saturday for no reason....well, got a lot of cleaning done in my office! That's saying something.

Canon will be forwarding the extended rebates to the US dealer network this week.

With this in mind, TapeWorks will continue the Promo on the XHA1 with a free CamRade CB-Single I Cambag for $3495.00
TapeWorks does still have a few XHA1's in inventory with more on the way.

Best Regards,
Scott Cantrell
TapeWorks Texas Inc - HDVinfo Sponser
Toll Free 866-827-3489
email: tapeworksscott@sbcglobal.net