Matrix look? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old August 16th, 2007, 05:37 PM   #16
New Boot

Cole;

The checklist is really good and could be helpful in the future when there will be someone else besides me on my sets :)

Btw and totally off topic: My gf is a fencing instructor (commenting the film on your website) and the balloon trick was totally new to her :)
Peter Wittinghoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2007, 07:12 PM   #17
Trustee

off topic: http://www.fencingbooth.com

We've been doing that for quite a while ;) makes it approachable for kids and nervous adults.

on topic: The checklist is almost more important with a smaller crew as you have so much going on alone, you need to have that reference for yourself so you can focus on the stuff in front of the camera more fully and leave the other technical bits up to the checklist...better productions that way. Just reconfigure the list to suit yourself and your shooting style.
Old August 16th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #18
Trustee

I would not underexpose, you can turn down the master ped and set-up level. It will be contrasty but not look under lit.

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2007, 01:10 PM   #19
Trustee

Make sure if you are exposing by the meter that you never let it hit 100% (to allow for some error, I use 90-95%. It pushes the picture very slightly dark, but I tend to crush my blacks in post anyway...so I'm doing it in camera here to save time in post...and I like the aesthetic better...I find it less "I'M VIDEO!!!" than letting whites shine through at 100%.
Old August 17th, 2007, 04:25 PM   #20
Trustee

If you are talking zebras, I put them on 80 and make sure that there are no zebras on peoples faces.

ash =o)
Ash Greyson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders