New XL2 Owner - I LIKE it! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old November 8th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #1
Built the VanceCam

New XL2 Owner - I LIKE it!

After many months (or years?) of mulling, I decided to buy an XL2. So far, I LOVE it. I had a Fujinon T14 lens I picked up at an auction a couple of years ago, so I immediately made an adapter for it, for times when I want full manual control (most of the time).
The only things I'm not overly fond of are the lack of focus marks on the lens, and the viewfinder magnifier/eye cup, which is just in the way most of the time. I also have a CAPDIV hard drive recorder, which I tried to mount in various places, but it has kind of an awkward form-factor.
So now I'm going to remove the internals of the CAPDIV and make an enclosure that holds both the CAPDIV and a 5.6" monitor in a ore ergonomic design. I will mount that on a tripod plate so that it's held beside the camera where the viewfinder sits, removing the stock viewfinder.
Will post some pix as I move forward with this.
Dan Vance is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders