Short film - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old November 21st, 2007, 06:21 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Hey Bala,

Great job, I really enjoyed your film very much and hope to see more from you in the future. I sometimes forgot that I was watching an "amateur" film!

I bought an XL2 with a dream of making clever, intelligent, thought provoking little films as you have done.

Keep up the great work.

-Greg
Greg Girardin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2007, 11:38 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Girardin View Post
I bought an XL2 with a dream of making clever, intelligent, thought provoking little films as you have done.
My exact reason also, Greg. But I have never put into words so well as you.
Jack Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2007, 02:06 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bala Prasanna View Post
Great stuff..reading through them. However, I just realised that there is no XL2 available for rental in India. I badly want to shoot with an XL2 and experiment with it. I am not sure how am going to work it out now. For my previous project, I was lucky as my XL2 was sponsored by CANON Singapore.

=(
Bala,

No problemo - with your talent, you'll do fine with most any camera. Provided you have a decent script, good actors, talented cameraman and nice sound, you'll be a winner.

Have fun, Michael

P.S. Oh yeah, editing is important and so is lighting and... ah, nevermind <wink>
Michael Nistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #19
New Boot

Poetry at Dusk

Hi guys,

I have made a new short film in HD, this time. I thought I would share it with you guys. Please let me know your feedback if you find time to watch it. :)

http://www.vimeo.com/1580520

Thankyou so much.

Warmest Regards,
B.Prasanna
Bala Prasanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM   #20
Major Player

Damn, Bala! That was nice. The opening shot and the sea view looked like parts of a JMW Turner painting - or maybe Constable. I guess you did this in a studio. Did you use green-screen or were those backdrops?

It was hard to tell if there was any advantage in shooting HD, since there is so much compression on all these web sites, but it sure looked better than YouTube.
Jack Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #21
New Boot

Blue screen!

Hi Mr Jack!

Great to see your feedback. It was all shot inside a studio. the paintings were digitally done in corel and photoshop. we shot in front of a blue screen and composited it later on.

Thankyou so much! =)

Cheers,
Bala Prasanna
Bala Prasanna is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders