Canon XL2 & Sony HRV-A1E at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old January 27th, 2008, 07:11 AM   #1
Tourist

Canon XL2 & Sony HRV-A1E

Hello to all. I have just bought a Canon XL2 which is second hand but has only had 12 hours use or so I have been told, the camera is in it’s original packaging with everything as new and it does not look as if it has been hardly touched. So let’s keep everything crossed!. The story!!. I bought a Sony HRV-A1E about 10 days ago and used it to film some very nice Botanical gardens and the image was perfect BUT what a terrible job trying to hold it steady when panning etc as it can not be used on the shoulder, second problem, everybody at least in Spain thought it was a nice “toy”. I bought the XL2 3 days later and found it to be more stable and better sound quality although the image was obviously not as good as the Sony but everyone asked from what TV channel was I from when I went back to film the same Botanical gardens so size does seem to matter in the eye of the public at least in Spain!. Down to the point!. The sony I have returned to the shop and got my money back. The canon does seem to be a bit twitchy on auto focus and light gain light comes on and off when a bit of sunlight gets near the lens or panning from to down to the subject. Also I have noticed on playback that you can “hear” the lens auto focusing, like a dull juddering sound until the camera has focused as you zoom out again you can hear this noise picked up on the mic, any had this problem?. Also if anyone can give me a few pointers on does and don’ts I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance. Kevin. PS. I am using Mac with final studio 2 as editing software.
Kevin Sealey is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders