XL2 and Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old February 19th, 2008, 09:30 AM   #1
Regular Crew

XL2 and Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II

Can any of you guys tell me if the XL2 will fit into the Lowepro Photo Trekker AW II and if there would be any room for a zoom lens 100x 500mm plus accessories tapes batteries etc.
Old February 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM   #2
Trustee

When I had an XL2, I managed to fit it into a Nature Trekker, but it had to be dismantled and I doubt if I could have gotten another lens inside. If the Photo Trekker is smaller I don't think the XL2 will fit, and if it is bigger it will probably not be accepted as a carry on bag (may not be important to you of course).

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2008, 11:40 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Photo Trekker AW II

I use the Xl2 with the PT AW II without taking it apart--there is also room for my 100-400 with ef adapter and wireless mike and filters and tapes---the fit is tight --the finder is jammed pretty tight to the top--and you wouldn't want to put anything on top of the case--but you wouldn't want to do that anyways!!!

I have to say that for traveling I prefer using the Road Warrior AW as it has the rolling wheels and you can still carry on.
Ron Stoecklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2008, 04:19 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you Richard and Ron for the information,

it’s good that I can keep the cam in one piece, I’ve been using the large Kata shoulder bag which is bit awkward and tiresome walking any distance,

I will order one today.
Thanx again

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders