Worth of My XL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old February 25th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Tourist

Worth of My XL2

I don't know if this goes against what this forum is designed for but my XL2 has been sitting unused for some time now and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is worth. I haven't been doing video acquisition for a few months and don't want to wait to sell the XL2 when it's not worth much.

The XL2 has about 30 hours on it (10 hours on the heads, shot mostly direct-to-disc). It's in great condition with the following:

Stock 20x Zoom lens
Three BP-945 Batteries
One BP-930 Batter
CA-920 Battery Charger
CH-910 Battery Charger/Holder
Canon XL2 Remote
The Canon Lens Bag, Filter, standard fare.

The camera is no longer under warranty but has been sent to Canon for cleaning once. The heads have been regularly cleaned.

The camera has a small cut on the exterior of the viewfinder and is missing the tiny plate that goes over the internal-time battery. It also does not have a lens cap but has always been used with filters on. Also, if anyone knows where to get the cover for the battery (I can't find it for the life of me), that would be much appreciated.

I don't have the original box or materials with it and it's lacking the shoulder strap.
Attached Thumbnails
Worth of My XL2-img_1058.jpg   Worth of My XL2-img_1066.jpg  

Alex Lukens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2008, 06:25 PM   #2
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Lukens View Post
The camera has a small cut on the exterior of the viewfinder and is missing the tiny plate that goes over the internal-time battery. It also does not have a lens cap but has always been used with filters on. Also, if anyone knows where to get the cover for the battery (I can't find it for the life of me), that would be much appreciated.

I don't have the original box or materials with it and it's lacking the shoulder strap.
This is great condition? :)

Seriously Alex, I think you are posting in the wrong forum. But if you want to know the value you could check out other XL2s being offered on eBay.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2008, 10:42 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Check this tread. It looks the same kind of camera.
http://dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.ph...ight=XL2+Hours
Winston Ashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #4
Tourist

Thank you, Winston.
Alex Lukens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2008, 01:12 PM   #5
Contributor

A friend of mine just sold his, with Petrol bag for $2100, and another friend sold his with Portabrace bag and a small tripod for $2300.
Bill Pryor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders