Wireless DV signal at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old April 17th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Wireless DV signal

Is there a way that I could send the video signal of my XL2 cameras through a secure and reliable wireless signal?

Regards!

Daniel
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:04 AM   #2
Regular Crew

On the HBS steadicam forum someone posted this:

http://www.wevi.tv/
Michele Coser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2008, 02:24 AM   #3
Trustee

Anyone know the price?
Old April 18th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #4
Regular Crew

To give an idea of what I am trying to acheive.

Last week-end, I was filming a show and wanted to mix the video images live from my two xL2 cameras.

To achieve this I had the two xL2 cameras connected to a video mixer. The signal sent to the mixer was analogue (S-VIDEO). The end result was going directly from the mixer to the computer. This would allow me to do very minimal video editing.

I know that I could have connected the cameras and the video mixer through the firewire port. I've done that in the past and I had other problems, i.e images lost, camera and mixer trying to talk to each other especially when connected to a computer.

The process that I was going through last week went very well and I had no signal lost. However, when comparing the same image DV and Analogue (S-VIDEO) there was such a difference that I cannot use the analog signal.

I am looking for a solution where the result will be very clean. Something that will take the best of the cameras and transmit it without lost in image quality.

The signal from the camera has to be mixed right away without lost of anykind.

Thanks for trying to help me.

Daniel
Old April 21st, 2008, 03:07 AM   #5
Inner Circle

For those interested in the products mentioned by Michele, I just received this email from the manufacturers:

>>>We regret to inform you that the CAM~WAVE and VIDEO~WAVE shown on our website are no longer in production, however we are currently working on a new HD version, in fact this new product debuted at last weeks NAB show in Las Vegas. The new CAM~WAVE HD is expected to be available in July and we will keep your details on file and contact you with further information as soon as soon as we have it.<<<
Ian Stark is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders