XL2 20x lens issue with focus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 11th, 2008, 08:23 PM   #1
Major Player

XL2 20x lens issue with focus

Hey guys,

Recently, i've been having issues with my stock xl2 lens. It all started when I was shooting a baptism for my sister and all of a sudden, the image would blur. I would try to focus it again, but it would blur itself again, until eventually I managed to get it focused.

Now, before you ask, yes it was on complete Manual operation. I never shoot in any other option. It almost works as autofocus. Later on that day, I wanted to do a particular shot with me easing into the focus, but as soon as I hit the record button, it immediately auto focused.

A few days later, at another event, I realized the autofocus setting on the lens was set to on, so I turn it off. Eventually, it turned itself back on again (later on throughout the day). I noticed it stoped happening when I turned it off, but it did happen once more with the auto focus on the lens off...

Has this happened to anyone? Is it possible my lens might need servicing?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 11th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

If you've had the camera for twelve months or more, it's probably time for annual service. Be sure to send along a tape which clearly shows the problem.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2008, 09:37 PM   #3
Major Player

Yeah, I've had it for well over 12 months. Is there a specific site that has the information for servicing and how much does it cost?

Thanks Chris! I appreciate the help.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders