30p 720x480 interlaced metadata? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old June 11th, 2008, 12:36 PM   #1
New Boot

30p 720x480 interlaced metadata?

Should captured footage that was taken on a XL2 in 30p mode show up as interlaced in certain softwares? From what I understand 30p is kinda wrapped up in a 60i container, well not really but anyways. In Premiere project settings and everything else I should treat it as progressive right?
Elijah Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 02:54 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi,

From what I remember, some time ago I had my project always set to standard PAL (interlaced 50i - forgot to change it after I sold my old Sony handycam) in Premiere Pro 2.0 but when I captured progressive footage from my XL2 in the interlaced project, it turned out progressive instantly and I didn't have to change anything in the settings. But it was only PP2.0 so I have no idea what about other software...

Piotr
Piotr Zubik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2008, 04:24 PM   #3
New Boot

The footage definitely turns out as progressive (visually). I am using PPro2.

We accidentally set up a interlaced project and have progressive footage in it. It seems to be doing ok.
Elijah Lynn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders