noise in movie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old September 6th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #1
New Boot

noise in movie

Hi

I got the cannon xl2 about a week ago and been doing test shooting..
I seem to get alot of noise in my movie i dont see noise in the view finder, I see a little zebra lines on the side, but when i convert it to a avi and play it back theres alot of noise..
The camera power dail is on A, 60i , when i turn power dail to TV the shutter is 8
all other settings on - power dail A -aspect 4:3. , white balance A , gain A.

I get a little motion blurr also

Any help to fix this would be great..

thank you
Tom Wielgat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2008, 08:52 AM   #2
Major Player

Tom - Congratulations on you new "baby," and welcome to the Watchdog.

So much to learn, so little time.

Start with the XL2 Features Tour movie:
Canon XL2 at DVcreators.net
If you are on a Mac, or using Quicktime, you will be able to save the movie to your computer. Can't speak to whether that works on a PC or not.

The (A)uto setting is good for getting started, but for complete control, you need to use the (M)anual setting. Are you sure that the shutter is on 8? When in Manual, close the iris down until the Zebras disappear, or nearly disappear. Try a gain setting of 0, or -1 to reduce the noise.

I am sure that you are going to have a million questions, try using the search feature, above, for zebra, gain, etc., but always feel free to post here also. This is absolutely the best group and XL2 resource on the Net.
Jack Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders