XL2 video entered into contest at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old September 11th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #1
Major Player

XL2 video entered into contest

Hey all,

A video I made for work (we have an XL2 w/20x stock lens) is a finalist in the Wine Spectator's 2008 Video Contest. Would like your input (and a vote if ya don't mind...since the winner is determined by public vote now thru Sunday the 14th).

It's called "CA Collection" and can be viewed here.

A bit o' background: I work for a wine distributor and my job is to make sales/educational videos for our sales reps and accounts about the wineries from around the world that we sell to liquor stores and restaurants. On most of my trips I don't have time to set up 3-point lighting (I'm outdoors touring vineyards and being mobile a lot), and it's just me...so I have to carry everything myself (a lot of you know what I'm talking about). SO, it's pretty much guerrilla shooting, to say the least. Only light I use (besides natural light) is my Ultralight 2.

Anyway, this video is just a short compilation of b-roll, interviews, and outtakes from trips to California. Supposed to be entertaining and educational.

Thanks,
Jonathan
Jonathan Kirsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Hey Jonathan! You got my vote man! Yours definitely had the highest perceived production value. Nice work, I loved the shot of the grapes in the beginning. Nice stills too. That one dude with the lettuce analogy cracked me up.

Good luck! I'm sure it will do well.
Ryan Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2008, 06:51 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks, Ryan.

The video took 2nd place. Then again, it wasn't determined on production quality but on whether the mass public thought it was entertaining.

Jonathan
Jonathan Kirsch is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders