settings questions for different scenes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old December 29th, 2008, 05:47 PM   #1
Tourist

settings questions for different scenes

Hello everyone

I'm new to the XL2. I have the 20x and 3x wide lenses and have a couple different shoots coming up. One is outside on a race track. The other will be inside, probably multiple angles, interviewing a single subject. I'm wondering what presets to use, as I've seen the threads with the presets templates and software.

The race track shoot I will be using the 3x for the close-ups of the car(s) inside and out, and the 20x for the quarter mile races, probably from multiple positions. The mood will be "showing off" the clients car. I'm wondering if the "sports" preset is what I will want for the actual races. Not yet sure if I will be using car mounts to capture the race from on/in the car.

The interview shoot will be heavy on the critical focus/depth of field, as part of a documentary. Also wondering if the "documentary" preset is what I want.

thanks in advance for any tips.
Trevor Forsythe is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders