how to run three mics thru Canon XL2 ? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old March 4th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #16
Inner Circle

I wouldn't recommend trying to mix seven mics down to two channels, to tell you the truth. You'll likely end up with two blown tracks. As problematic as recording four tracks to the XL2 is, that's probably your best bet, as mentioned in here.
Marco Leavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:19 PM   #17
Regular Crew

i bought a MA300 .... but i am not able to connect it right! ... i hooked it up on the shoe .. but i cant get to hear any thing from the XLRs on the shoe... i did change the setting in the audio to 4 channels 12 bits but still dosnt seems to get it work.... is there any thing else i need to do? using XL2 with MA300
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:31 PM   #18
Major Player

Once in a while when I run four channels I forgot to switch the monitor meters on to four channels, making me think that I get no sound -- your problem might be as easy. The Audio Monitor button is located just above the White Balance.

-- peer
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:53 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peer Landa View Post
Once in a while when I run four channels I forgot to switch the monitor meters on to four channels, making me think that I get no sound -- your problem might be as easy. The Audio Monitor button is located just above the White Balance.

-- peer
so not turing the audio meter ... i wont be able to hear any thing on the headphones either?
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:54 PM   #20
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wajahat Abbasi View Post
is there any thing else i need to do?
Set the Audio 2 input select switch to SHOE. This switch is located on the left side of the camera under the audio controls panel door. See page 52 of the operator's manual for more details.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:17 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Set the Audio 2 input select switch to SHOE. This switch is located on the left side of the camera under the audio controls panel door. See page 52 of the operator's manual for more details.
i did and thats great! i was able to get audio to the headphones ..but strangly when i try caputring the audio in Sony Vegas 8.0 it dosnt get the audio from the SHOE ... from the MA300 that is ... am i suppose to setup some thing in Sony as well??
Old March 22nd, 2009, 03:33 PM   #22
Obstreperous Rex

Search our Vegas forum for discussions relating to four-channel audio capture. In some NLE systems, you have to make a second capture pass to get channels 3 & 4. Our Vegas forum will have much more info though.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders