XL2 Footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old May 25th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #1
Tourist

XL2 Footage

Hey guys thought id share my productions and footage swith you...I' m no pro but being involved in motion graphics and editing for couple of years now...anyhow I bought the cam couple of months ago here is what i ve shot so far please send feedback

YouTube - corfumedia's Channel
Johnny Katehis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2009, 08:12 AM   #2
New Boot

Hi Johnny

well, it doesnt looks good.
there are big problems in the shooting and the editing.

main points:
1. this kind of footage must be shot with tripod.
2. try to make relaxed ambience, dont zoom inqout too fast, dont shack the camera.
3. if you zooming in/out for 2 sec, show only the 2 sec that with a motion zoom. (english is not my language so i hope u understand...)
4. no need to repeat the same shot again and again.

hope you understand...

good luck and thanks for sharing...

Doron
Doron Hazan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2009, 05:24 PM   #3
Major Player

Well it was pretty good and thank you for letting us comment but Johnny I think it probably missed the point in several ways. Was it a modern rendition of the Marie Celeste story, or a promo for a luxury resort?

If it was a promo for a luxury resort the pace of both camera and music was too fast. About half way through I felt I wanted to get away from this joint, get back to work where I could have a rest.

Try it again but this time with slow pans, tilts and zooms. Slow the pace down with mixes in place of cuts. What about the guests? The place was deserted! Am I going to spend my holiday on my own? How about some shots of people playing in the pool, relaxing with a cool drink, indulging in eating exotic food, plus a interior shot of the room I'm suposed to come and stay in.

I liked the effect into the end title.
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:32 PM   #4
Regular Crew

I didn't have as much of a problem with the hand held shots as I did with almost 100% of the footage out of focus. Soft focus can be used as an effect but there needs to be some of the footage starting in focus then go out of focus for effect.
Ron Edwards is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders