Welcome to the XL2 Watchdog forum. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old July 13th, 2004, 12:07 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Welcome to the XL2 Watchdog forum.

This discussion board is meant to accompany our new site, The XL2 Watchdog, but due to the way things have to work sometimes, the forum has been launched prior to the site (I'll give ya the site location as soon as I can).

The way this board will develop is going to be similar to the original XL1 / XL1S discussion group... we'll start with one general forum for right now, and as various threads build and accumulate, they will be split off into sub-forums, such as Lens & Optics, etc., as needed. For now, all XL2 topics will live "under one roof" right here, so you're in the right place. But you knew that already.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2004, 10:08 AM   #2
Trustee

Just arrived home after the official Canon (UK) launch at Pinewood Studios.
Wow!!!
Almost lost for words.
The XL2 rocks!
Canon seem to have listened to what we wanted in a professional DV camera and provided it in this new model (well, new in features if not in shape - I still don't think that the balance issue for hand-held shooting has been addressed, even with the standard shoulder-pad, but there will always be some accessory manufacturers ready to design and supply shoulder mounts...)
I should be getting one to test in a few days. I'm really glad to see that Canon have provided proper 16:9. I don't really have any use for progressive scan, but I do need 16:9 since all my broadcast work is widescreen.
All in all, a really good day - is it Christmas already???

Robin.
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2004, 11:51 AM   #3
Old Boot

Robin - You very DARK Horse .. . HAHAHA!!!

Robin, you live in Wales . .how come you were just walking past Pinewood Studios .. . You wize old owl ! . . You knew it was gonna happen . . . you had organised your time to get there . . very very good . . .

.. . well, is it the replacement for Grazie's XM2? Should I buy another XM2? . ..

Grazie
Graham Bernard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2004, 12:26 PM   #4
Trustee

Graham,
I wangled an invite from Canon UK some weeks back, but because of the embargo , I couldn't reveal anything ...
I think the camera is superb and I should be getting one to test this week. I'm going to have to start saving the sheckels...
At last, proper 16:9...

Robin.
Robin Davies-Rollinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 08:27 PM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

Don Berube has offered to help out with this board, and considering he's one of the very few people in the U.S. who are actually trained on it, how could I resist? Welcome aboard, Don. Now get to work. By the way, let the record show that I made good on that round of beer. Now if I can only remember the name of that bar...

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders