DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Exact date? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/29593-exact-date.html)

Clint Comer July 25th, 2004 01:18 PM

Exact date?

Have they released an exact ship date yet? I know it was said that they would be available in August but is it on the first or at the end? I am only asking because I need to purchase a camera before the end of the month and was going for the DVX-100. But now that this is come to light I am definetly getting one of these. I just hope I make it in time.

Chris Hurd July 25th, 2004 05:57 PM

It's supposed to be either the end of August or the beginning of September. If I were you, I would not wait. The DVX100A is available now. Go ahead and pick it up as soon as you can, so that you're familiar with it well ahead of your actual shooting dates. You don't want to be learning a new camera when you're starting a project. Later on, if you feel like you must have an XL2, then sell your DVX and get one. Although most DVX owners I know are very reluctant to part with them... the option is always there for you. Hope this helps,

Clint Comer July 26th, 2004 03:53 AM

Thanks alot Chris. Makes alot of sense. I am familiar with the DVX100, so that's not an issue. I have used XL-1s's more and know that camera better. That's why I am so stoked for the XL2, I feel as if its the best of both worlds. But only time will tell. I will wait for the XL2 and if it doesn't come in in time, I will get the DVX, no swet. Thanks for the insight, you guys rock.

Bill Pryor July 27th, 2004 01:08 PM

In most cases I am leery of getting the first batch of a new camera, but in this case it's probably OK, since the XL2 is really the third generation.

Clint Comer August 23rd, 2004 12:17 PM

AUGUST 31st!!!!!!

Bill Pryor August 23rd, 2004 02:46 PM

Is that wishful thinking, or have you heard a real date?

Marty Hudzik August 24th, 2004 08:38 AM

Not confirmed but I was told that the Canon Rep said...."the last minute of the last hour of the last day of August...."

For whatever that means.

Bill Pryor August 24th, 2004 09:51 AM

Sounds like early September to me.

Russell Newquist August 24th, 2004 12:45 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Marty Hudzik : Not confirmed but I was told that the Canon Rep said...."the last minute of the last hour of the last day of August...."

For whatever that means. -->>>

Sounds like a movie tagline to me...

On the last minute
Of the last hour
Of the last day
Of August

The Canon XL2

[Cue cheesy music]

Sorry, couldn't resist...

Bill Pryor August 24th, 2004 12:51 PM

You need to say those lines with in the resonate, "voice of God" narrative style of movie trailers.

Russell Newquist August 24th, 2004 12:59 PM

LOL - yeah, that's exactly what I had in mind.

Paul Matwiy August 29th, 2004 10:37 AM

XL-2 First Release

My sources tell me that Canon shipped it's first batch of XL-2s to dealers on Friday. Thise of us with units on order will probably see ours by the middle of next week.

Bill Pryor August 29th, 2004 10:56 AM

Probably depends on whether they come by ship or plane.

Jim Giberti August 29th, 2004 10:17 PM

<<Probably depends on whether they come by ship or plane.>>

They ship FedEx 2nd day from Japan to the dealers. If it's true that they shipped friday, then I'd expect that we could have them wednesday if we want to have them overnighted from the dealer. That would be cool...I've got a shoot on thurs, and it would give me a chance to give it a good first test on location and in the studio.

Bill Pryor August 30th, 2004 07:53 AM

Excellent.