Two camera shoot with secondary camera a GL2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old September 20th, 2004, 02:24 AM   #1
New Boot

Two camera shoot with secondary camera a GL2

Have some very newbie basic questions if you could bear with me a moment.

Will be ding a series of shoots using two camera to capture two different angles
Finance does not allow for 2 xl2 cameras to be purchaced at this time so will be using my GL2 as the second camera
I would like to shoot in 30p mode
I am guessing that frame mode on the gl2 would be best to mimic this?
Is there a waywithout too high a cost - $400-$600 is ok, improve the sound of the GL2 ( which is not bad to start with)
Does anyone have any other suggestions or thougts

Dave
David Levine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:48 AM   #2
Regular Crew

sound better

I suppose when you say sound better you mean the quality of audio you capture? If so, you want to purchase an XLR adapter (ie from Sign Video or Beechtec...search the boards for 'xlr adapter' I do not have a link to give you) for the GL2.

From my experience, you want an xlr adaptor that provides phantom power. Especiially if you are "running and gunning." My sign video does not provide phantom power.

Then purchase a lav, or wireless, or other microphone that uses xlr cables for better sound. You can mount a shotgun mic on your camera, for example, if your shoot doesn't accomodate micing a person or scene...

Hope this helps,

d
Diane Bogosian is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders