DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   Canon xl2. Need audio advice (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/33380-canon-xl2-need-audio-advice.html)

Julio Laffont October 13th, 2004 10:20 AM

Canon xl2. Need audio advice

Hi everybody...I'm looking for an advice. I have the XL2, and I want to have great performance in Mics for interviews, wirelles, undirectionals to records outdoors (discos, weddings...street life..)..What's the best choice for you guys?.....I bought one cheap wireless (they present themselves as a"super professional wire and wireless microphone")...the name is gw-750.
Maybe I did a mistake, but with cable was noisy, and wireless sounds like a fish in a frying pan. I tried voice over with Vegas and was the same, and in the camera I had only one channel...That really worry me..Any idea is really welcome...

Jay Gladwell October 13th, 2004 05:35 PM

Julio, simply put, you're not going to get "quality" sound from "cheap" mics. You're going to have to spend some money if you want good sound--wireless or wired. It isn't the camera!

Jay

Julio Laffont October 13th, 2004 07:12 PM

Xl2 mics. jay, I'm agree with you

HI Jay..Yes, I'm agree with you..Cheap mics in Xl2, is like to buy a Ferrari with the engine of the scooter...I'm just ask for names of good mics to use in the camera..Nothing else...

Julio Laffont October 13th, 2004 07:18 PM

Good mics...

I mean...What mics you gonna buy for the questions what I did before?..Thanks for your advice.

Jay Gladwell October 13th, 2004 07:35 PM

I'm using a Sennheiser shotgun (ME 67) and Sony lavaliers.

Jay

Julio Laffont October 13th, 2004 07:54 PM

xl2. Mics.

Thanks Jay...I'm gonna buy this mics...By the way...I saw what you are in Miami...If you need help, call me.

Bruce S. Yarock October 15th, 2004 02:00 AM

Jay,
Good talking to you the other day. i took the plunge and bought the xl2...wow! Kind of heavy for hand held...Guess I'll be using my monopod.

Julio,
i've been using the AT 897 shotgun ( real nice sound) and the Sennheiser G2 wireless on my GL1.
Bruce yarock

Jay Gladwell October 15th, 2004 07:13 AM

Bruce, the camera's not that heavy. You're just used to the "lighter" GL1. You'll get used to it very quickly!

Jay

Alex Cano October 15th, 2004 07:45 AM

Hi guys, off-topic but is this the South Florida thread?

Hey Jay, how are you? Good to talk to you the other day!

Julio and Bruce, I would love to have a chance to meet and talk to you guys, are you going to the presentation on the 23rd? I think I'm the least experienced person on this board, but I'm very eager to learn! (and motivated since I have a project coming up in January that just has to work out well!).

If you want to reach me, I'm at florlindafilms@hotmail.com

Take care,

Alex

EDIT: Bruce I just read your post in my other thread, I'll shoot you an e-mail. Take care.

Bruce S. Yarock October 15th, 2004 11:22 AM

jay-
I was trying to figure out how to hang a brick off of the back of the xl2 and help counterbalance it...lol. i hope i can get used to it...
julio and Alex
I'll be there on the 23rd also, but if you want to get together beforehand, get in touch.
Bruce yarock

Julio Laffont October 17th, 2004 10:14 AM

Hi Alex and Bruce..

Hi guys..I'll be in Pitman photo ..I'm gonna wear a white polyester suit ....