XL2 West Coast Shooters at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old November 5th, 2004, 11:58 AM   #1
Major Player

XL2 West Coast Shooters

I know I need to put this in the "helping hands" section, but I'm under the gun and wanted to see who was out there. I've got two interviews segments for a DVD project that I've got to shoot asap (in the next week hopefully).

One of the personalities is in LA the other in Washington state. The documentary, aside from the archival footage, is all being shot with the XL2 and I want to keeo these sections consistent.

These would be half day shoots tops and a cool project. Anyone in the LA area or Northwest with an XL2? in a pinch I could live with XL1s footage as well.

email me,
Jim
Jim Giberti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 02:29 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Email me.

I might be interested, depending on the logistics...

staab@doublevisionproductions.com
Chris Staab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 04:30 PM   #3
Wrangler

Jim:

Touch base with Eric Maciver at Indie Rentals (posts on this site, you've probably seen his name). He's got a couple of XL2's.
Old November 5th, 2004, 05:20 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the heads up Charles. If you know of anyone who can do some nice basic 3 point lighting and shooting, it's a pretty simple gig and will pay well for a couple of hours setup and shoot. In both instances I'll be coaching the subject in advance. They're both Olympic champions and they're part of a series of short profiles in the documentary, so it's mostly covering B roll from the games with limited on camera in the final edit.

Although I just spent the day with Sarah Hughes, who won the figure skating gold in Park City and she was so good on camera that I'm going to use more of that, so it's really dependent on the personality and delivery.

I'll try and track down Eric.
Old November 5th, 2004, 08:59 PM   #5
Trustee

IF eric can't help you check out birns and sawyer, they rent out the xl2 as well, let me know what you need for the LA spot and I can try and help as well.
Nick Hiltgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 10:37 PM   #6
Wrangler

BTW, I'm on a feature at present otherwise I would offer to help, Jim. If you end up coming out here after the 15th and have a pinch of spare time, let me know if you want to stop by the set to say hello.
Old November 6th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #7
New Boot

Hello Jim: I would be interested in helping you. I live in Dayton, Washington that is in the eastern part of the state about 4 hours from Seattle. I atended the Los Angeles Film Schools six week digital film course about two years ago and I own a XL1s. Can you email me the detales?
Old November 6th, 2004, 10:12 PM   #8
Major Player

<<IF eric can't help you check out birns and sawyer, they rent out the xl2 as well, let me know what you need for the LA spot and I can try and help as well.>>

Might you be available to do a half day shoot in the next week or so Nick? I haven't talked to this medalist yet (I will by Monday), so I'm not sure exactly where she is but I know she's in LA.
Old November 7th, 2004, 12:00 PM   #9
Regular Crew

If you haven't already crewed up, I am available in LA.

Thanks,

Evan
Old November 8th, 2004, 01:00 PM   #10
Major Player

Hey Evan and Doug...I'd like to talk to you guys, but if you notice, you have no email response available at the bottom of your posts. That's why my posts asks interested shooters to email me <g>. Seriously though , you can't be contacted directly because your profile specifically blocks list emails and you didn't provide any in your posts. Again, please email me at jimagine@direcway.com or just hit the email button at the bottom of this post. I need to get these shot asap.
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:23 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Jim,

I'm at fishermedia@comcast.net

Evan

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders