Is anyone using the XL2 for Newsgathering? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old November 9th, 2004, 03:13 PM   #1
Major Player

Is anyone using the XL2 for Newsgathering?

Hi there, after getting to see my first XL2 in the flesh yesterday, I am now wondering if anyone is using this camera for Newsgathering purposes and if so, how easy is it to use in those applications and are the results satisfactory?

Especially keen to see if any users are also using them to work in with actual network journalists. In other words, journos will be flying to my area at times, doing a shoot with me and then flying back to the city with my tape in hand.

What are the response from Journalists re the pictures etc. You know what I mean - do they feel comfortable working with you with such a camera?

This is one of the main uses I will be putting the XL2 through if I get one.

Thanks

David Cleverly
Australia
David Cleverly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2004, 05:41 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The XL-1 and others like the DVX 100, PD-150, etc. have been used for just about everything on network shows. The XL-2 is sure to be just fine if not better. I have used my XL-1 for news in the Atlanta area. They just dump to beta and straight to air and it looks great.
James Emory is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders