XL2 vs DVX footage up at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old November 11th, 2004, 02:43 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XL2 vs DVX footage up

Just FYI (Chris I hope this is ok with you), on the dvxuser.com website Jarred Land just posted a 5 minute side-by-side comparison of the XL2 and the DVX100a. Its under XL2 News Forum, thread "Almost there..." page 13.
Alex Cano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2004, 02:57 PM   #2

I just completed a 3 camera shoot with 1 XL2 and two Panny DVX100a's. The DP wanted to use all XL2's, but, the panny's were available and only my XL2 was available. We color matched the three cams before the shoot, perfectly. I turned cinegamma off, boosted the sat and red channel. The XL2 is the clear(excuse the pun) winner on image. I suggested we throw a little "blur" on the XL2 to make it look like the Panny's...LOL. The DP grimmaced.

I'd post some images, but, I'm under an NDA so I can't. Just gonna have to take me word for it....<grin>
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2004, 03:08 PM   #3
Major Player

Bill,

Can you at least describe (hopefully in excruciating detail) exactly what you did to the XL2 footage in post? I would love to know.

Best,

Matt
Matthew Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #4

Footage is in post, as we speak. Whether we blur it out or not has yet to be decided. I'll let you know.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders