"The 23rd Doorway" - XL2 frame grabs! - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old November 24th, 2004, 12:09 PM   #16
Regular Crew

how long will the short be?looks interesting
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2004, 03:25 PM   #17
Trustee

excellent work again. if you took away the mini35 in all those instances, do you think you'll have a similiar shot or vastly different shot?

i know chris hurd has made a visual comparison shot of all the lenses available for the XL2 but i didn't remember the mini35 in there.
Old November 25th, 2004, 03:37 PM   #18
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Yi Fong Yu : excellent work again. if you took away the mini35 in all those instances, do you think you'll have a similiar shot or vastly different shot?

i know chris hurd has made a visual comparison shot of all the lenses available for the XL2 but i didn't remember the mini35 in there. -->>>

You know that is an excellent idea. Somebody should do a shot by shot comparison so we can see the differences side by side. Set up a test setup, a still-life or something. Get all the Canon lenses out and then get a mini35 with a set of the Zeiss speed primes. Lock off the tripod and just swap lenses in an out and post the frame grabs. Though it would be nice to have some idea of the motion differences, I have a feeling that would be just too complex to put together and post online (too bandwidth heavy at least.)

If anybody in the LA area want to get together and do this test. Let me know. I've got an XL2 and the 16x manual lens.

Oliver
Oliver Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2004, 04:22 PM   #19
Trustee

http://www.dvinfo.net/canonxl2/articles/article10.php

it's already happened oliver, save the mini35.
Old November 26th, 2004, 03:04 PM   #20
New Boot

I'm getting an anginue (SP?) 10mm - 150mm Lens and a Peling 8mm fisheye both with PL mount adapters from www.xl1soulutions.com They claim there is only a 2x extention -I'll be mounting them to my xl-2 and shoot some frames that I hope to post before christmas.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders