Finding black and white on XL-2 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old January 12th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Kevin, I do, however, apologize for asking these questions. I read the manual the first day I got the camera but didn't see where it mentioned saturation and thought that they might have been calling it something else. To everyone else thatnks for the help, and next time I will do more research before asking a question.
Joseph Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2005, 03:38 PM   #17
Major Player

Actually, they do call it something else - color gain. It's in the section of the manual that deals with custom presets (p68). If I may make a suggestion it might be a good idea to get familiar with the basics of the operation of the camera before tackling something advanced like fiddling with the custom presets.

Good luck and have fun.
A. J. deLange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2005, 09:54 AM   #18
Regular Crew

I understand what you guys are saying. The truth is that I did look for it for an hour before I posted the question. I found it after someone in this post replied to me and said it was called color gain. That is why I couldn't find it. I work at a television station operating cameras so I know how to use them and how to adjust master pedestal and knee, it is just that I did not realize that the way to change it to black and white was to reduce saturation. Other cameras I have worked with had an option to switch to B&W and it adjusted saturation instantly. I have knowledge of camera work, but not all cameras are the same. Thanks for the help anyway.
Joseph Ivey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2005, 12:47 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Joseph, looking back on my posts I will have to aplogize. I should have been a bit more patient. Sorry
Remember the old saying, feed someone and they eat for a day, teach them how to fish, yada yada yada
Kevin Kocak is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders