XL2 Mexico footage - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old January 19th, 2005, 04:51 PM   #31
Regular Crew

Re: slo-mo?

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Metts : john,

Did you slow down the shot of the flag waving thats right after the time lapse shot of the red house? Also are those wheels on your dolly from a "hand truck dolly?" like to move ovens with?

Thanks!
Chris -->>>

Hey Chris,

I didn't slow down the footage on the flag. The clip plays at original speed. I think I am the luckiest person alive that I got to capture that shot. The lighting, the clouds, the wind speed, and the movement of the flag at the very moment. It's like the flag almost wants to die and "give up" ..but then it regains its strenght and flies strongly again!

About the dolly tires. I bought them in the hand truck dolly section at Home Depot. They sell the individual tire/wheel in a box. I bought 4 of them.

And just incase anyone is going to try and mimic the dolly i used. Let me give a little warning. The dolly is by no means perfect. You have to have an extremely smooth surface, or it will shake/vibrate. The aluminum track definately helps. But it's still not perfect. The tires on my dolly have never been aligned perfectly, theres always been a little curve to the path of the dolly. On 90% of those shots, I was having to put force on one side of the dolly to prevent it from "curving" or else, the tire would have rubbed the side of the aluminum track. Maybe someone can perfect the dolly. :) ..if anyone does, please let me know.

j.
John Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Thanks John!

I will have to check out those wheels. Again, great stuff!
Old January 19th, 2005, 06:43 PM   #33
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Eric A Robinson : Hi all

After reading this thred I was looking forward to seeing the movie...no luck I am using a mac with OSX 10.37 with windows media player installed.
I click on the link...the page loads ...but it is blank...nothing.
Any help would be most welcome.
I like the stills very interesting. -->>>

Hi Eric, it's a pity you can't view it. Not sure which browser you have but you should be able to donload the linked item directly to disk. When you have that done then you can use Media Player to open it directly.

Hope you get to see it. It's worth the watch.
Donie
Old January 19th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #34
Tourist

Hi John,
great video! Makes me want to update my xl1s to the xl2. As for the dolly steering off to the side, you could attach skateboard wheels or rolloerblade wheels to the bottom of your dolly that run perpendicular to your anlge bar. The small wheel could press against the angle bracket to guide along the bar without you needing to compensate. I think 4 wheels, one in each corner would work.

Thanks for the video. It looks great!
Stoe Eanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2005, 11:50 PM   #35
Trustee

you need springs/shocks if you want uber smooth over rough surface.
Old January 20th, 2005, 03:51 AM   #36
Regular Crew

Hi
Donnie you are the man. I love your spelling of download, I could almost hear the Irish acent.
Why did I not think of that!

I am using Safari 1.2.4

Thanks all.
Eric A Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:26 AM   #37
Regular Crew

Hi John
Now I know what everyone is so excited about.
A great peice of work. The music, the singing, the pace,the rythm, the slow oily movement, the colours all add together to produce what is a delightful sensual treat.The main component in this is of course not the camera, that was incidental(well almost), it was all down to your creativity.
Eric A Robinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:42 AM   #38
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Eric A Robinson : Hi
Donnie you are the man. I love your spelling of download, I could almost hear the Irish acent.-->>>

LOL, that was not intentional. We might speak funny but we are supposed to spell the same... mostly ;)

Donie

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders