Say howdy to Pete Bauer and Greg Boston... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old February 7th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Say howdy to Pete Bauer and Greg Boston...

A couple of XL2 owners from Texas are going to help us out with our XL2 forum... allow me to introduce Pete Bauer from the Houston area, and Greg Boston from the Dallas area.

I've had the pleasure of meeting both of these guys over a couple of great meals. Greg helped organize our impromptu DV Info / VASST get-together up in Big D. awhile back (and I swear I can still taste that steak from Paul's Porterhouse), and I met Pete and his beautiful better half for dinner recently down in Clear Lake.

These guys are not only XL2 shooters, but they're also exactly the type of helpful folks we look for when we're seeking out forum moderators to help out here at DV Info Net. Welcome aboard, fellows!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2005, 04:09 PM   #2
Wrangler

My thanks to Chris for having the trust and confidence in me to help moderate the XL2 forum on the planet's best message board. As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm just a hobbyist, not a video professional. One truism of life is that the best way to learn is to teach, which is why I started researching and answering a lot of questions people had that I didn't necessarily know for sure. If all of us do the same, we'll all learn a LOT together!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #3
Wrangler

Well, I was quite surprised when Chris asked to me to become a wrangler. I am honored to be given this opportunity. DV-INFO is my safe sanctuary in cyber-space. In fact, it's almost a religious experience and I mean that in the most positive way. I will be happy to answer as many XL-2 questions as possible. I also have a strong background in RF and electronics so fire away!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread....

=gb=
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #4
Wrangler

Hey guys - welcome aboard! It's great to have you on the team.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2005, 07:31 PM   #5
Wrangler

Uh oh, more Texans! :)

Welcome guys!
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:43 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Good to see more Texans! I'm orig. from Dallas so I guess I will fit right in. Also a recent XL2 owner and I'm sure I will have a ton of questions.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders