Why won't my Sony or JVC Play my Canon XL1 and XL2 Tapes ?!? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old June 25th, 2006, 09:26 AM   #46
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Marotti
But production is about making choices... and we succeed if we mostly make the right ones :-)
Great! If you would just be so kind as to write down all the right choices for the rest of us ... ;-)
Achtung! Das camera ist nicht fur der fingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und popencorken mit spitzen sparken. Das camera ist diggen by experten only. Ist nicht fur gerwerken by das dummkopfen. Das rubbernecken sightseeren keepen das cottenpiken hands in das pockets. Relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.
Chris Owen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #47
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Owen
Great! If you would just be so kind as to write down all the right choices for the rest of us ... ;-)
I never said that I made the right choices :-)
Old July 4th, 2006, 12:04 PM   #48
New Boot

Canon XL2 wont play.......Too!!!

Well guys i have been through the same long... debate. I'm also looking for a device to play my Canon tapes. Why use the camera to captue into computer??. I can do a 4 camera shoot and have 22 tapes???? I have two GL2s and one XL1S and a XL2 and my JVC dual DV/SVHS will play my GL tapes but not my Xl tapes. I been through the time code thing, the head cleaning thing, the better tape thing, the setting thing!! Its a very old story. I'm in the market for the Panasonic AG 2500 VTR. I use the Panasonic PQ tapes from tape stock. Will it all work... Dont have a clue!!!!! I do not think its the camera settings. Some one HAS to know what VCR (VTR) will play the canon tapes.........
Steve Delfino HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Steven Delfino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 02:34 PM   #49
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Owen
While the upfront cost may be hard to deal with, the long term seems to justify it. Even a new laptop with DVRack software would only set you back $900
This is EXACTLY what I do. I have done many jobs with 50+ tapes on them, and the workflow I've found is to use DV Rack to record straight to disk (while the tape also records, giving me an automatic backup should the HD fail). At the end of each shooting day I burn the captured footage off onto DVD and store it for edit, also clearing HD space for the next days shooting. I've been using this workflow for well over a year, and have NEVER had to refer back to tape...

Regards,

~J

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders