Ronsrail system at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old February 16th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #1
New Boot

Ronsrail system

Hello,

I'm thinking about to buy at ZGC the Ronsrail system for EOS len on the XL2. We will use it to film on a volcano in next may where we can't go to close. I would appreciated very much any feedback from users of this system.

Thank in advance.

Pierre
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:02 AM   #2
RED Code Chef

What kind of feedback are you looking for? ZGC has very good
people with a lot of knowledge, so they should be able to tell you
if this is handy/will work for your application etc.

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2005, 05:15 AM   #3
New Boot

Thank for answer:

Sorry for my english but I would like to know if the ronsrail support is really efficient from the somebody who use it on the "field" (wildlife, etc).

[By the way I know well the quality of ZGC as I have already brought some stuff with their help]

Thank anyways

Pierre
Old February 18th, 2005, 08:13 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Pierre,

Using the Search tool at the top of the page, I found two discussions already for Ronsrail -- including input from the maker himself, Ron Armstrong.

See http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...threadid=34355

and http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...hreadid=30964&

You can rest assured that since our sponsor ZGC chose to carry this product, that it's very good. ZGC is limited to only the best gear.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2005, 10:14 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Pierre;
Thanks for the interest in the RONSRAIL. I just returned, today, from a wolf shoot to find your concern. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have in regard to stability and usage. Please check my website for examples of lenses and accessories being used. The good people at ZGC will also help.
Best;

Ron
Ron Armstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #6
New Boot

Hello Ron,

Thank to answer me. I will do soon the contact with ZGC to buy your system, but I was wondering about the "Ronsrail Quick Release Plate" sold on their web site, do you know if it work on all the tripod e.g. Cartoni Action Pro I have?

I have seen that the support is coated with teflon but I'm wondering also about it's capacity to resist to the corrosion in a very agressive (acid gas...) area like inside a volcanic crater, any ideas about that?

Thank again
Pierre
Old February 24th, 2005, 10:01 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Hi Pierre;
The quick release plate is designed to bolt to your lens foot and then slide into the upper dual clamp on the RONSRAIL, providing you with the ability to change lenses at will. You will need one quick release plate for each lens you use.

The lower clamp on the RONSRAIL has three 3/8" holes that should match the Cartoni plate supplied with the fluid head. This allows you to remove the camera and RONSRAIL,as one unit, from the tripod.

The coating on the RONSRAIL is a very hard and resistant anodize that should withstand the environment that you are willing to subject yourself and your camera. The TEFLON is provided for lubricity and ease of movement of the clamps.

It will be interesting to hear the results of that environment as they pertain to your equipment!!

Thank you again for your interest in the RONSRAIL products.

Best;

Ron
Ron Armstrong is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders