User bits informations at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Old March 2nd, 2005, 05:42 AM   #1
New Boot

User bits informations

Hello

Do someone know where the user bits information is going in the frames
it's 4 bytes long and i though it was in SSYB data pack of the frames, but i haven't found it.
Do domeone know more about that?
and do someone know where are theshooting informations like obturation speek and aperture?
I need that because i make an editing software under linux to edit my shoots

thanks.
Benoit Lemonnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2005, 09:03 PM   #2
Wrangler

Hi Benoit,

It seems you're undertaking quite a massive project! I've tried to find detailed specifications (eg "Blue Book" specs) on DV and DV-AVI files without much luck. My interest is in trying to better understand how 24pN and 24pA are laid to tape and read by NLEs, but no luck either.

If anyone knows of a solid source of information on technical details of DV files (in my case "for dummies" preferred, whereas Benoit can probably hold his own against any tech manual), please do share!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 06:23 AM   #3
New Boot

hello

this is a link where i had information
(the most interestion information were the one i found by reading the code source of the libdv)

http://libdv.sourceforge.net/

but it seam strange how it read the ssyb and vaux informations.
it seam to not read all of them.

i have begin to make my own dv data reader, and i will not usr the libdv more longer (it have also a buf when you want YV12 planar data for the pictures, Cb array returned is not good)

benoit
Benoit Lemonnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2005, 06:47 AM   #4
Trustee

Hi Benoit. Not sure if you have a budget for this project or not, but you can buy the IEC Blue Book specification for DV at the link below. It's available in English and French, but costs a lot of Swiss Francs or Dollars.

Richard

http://webstore.iec.ch/webstore/webs...20%2261834%22)
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders