DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/)
-   -   New web site...all media XL1 and XL2 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-gl-series-dv-camcorders/40444-new-web-site-all-media-xl1-xl2.html)

Chris Staab March 3rd, 2005 12:24 AM

New web site...all media XL1 and XL2

Hey guys...I just launched my new web site, I thought it was worth a mention considering the majority of the media is XL2 footage. I would love to know what you guys think about the site...and the XL2 footage. The commercial section has video....if you have a moment...check it out.

www.doublevisionproductions.com

Aloha,
Chris Staab

Wrangler Note: edited url to make it an active link. -gb-

Aaron Koolen March 3rd, 2005 01:41 AM

Chris, very nice and very impressive!

Aaron

Jeff Boeckman March 3rd, 2005 02:49 AM

Nice Flash work you have going on there.
Late

Greg Boston March 3rd, 2005 10:45 AM

Hi Chris,

Good looking site and great quality on the commercials. I pity you having to work on those SY spots, especially in that horrible location. ; )

Out of curiousity, what NLE are you using and can you shed a little light on your excellent post production for the benefit of the other members.

regards,

-gb-

Peter Wiley March 3rd, 2005 11:17 AM

Nice site, nice work.

I used to live in Hilo, now I live in Pennsylvania [heavy sigh]. Nice to see the islands from a local point of view again.

Ron German March 3rd, 2005 01:50 PM

CHris
Could you please name the works in yor site that was shot with the XL2?
Thank you
Ron

Frank Aalbers March 3rd, 2005 09:09 PM

Whi trew that brandnew cool TV on that old TV's pile ??

:D

Chris Staab March 9th, 2005 09:25 PM

Sorry for the delayed response!!

Hey guys, thanks for the feed back on the site. My internet has been down so that explains my delayed response.

The Sensually Yours spots were both on XL2. Yes these shoots were rough, but I am a professional...I fought through it!! The other 2 commercials were XL1 with 14x manual.

I will be posting more media in the next week or so. I will be posting video clips in the original programs section. I have completed a few new shows on the XL 2 and I couldn't be happier.

By the way...I am editing on Avid Xpress DV.

Thank you guys again for the response!! I appreciate it.

Aloha!!

Anthony Marotti March 10th, 2005 11:04 AM

Hello Chris :-)

Did you shoot the "Spray Application Process" or did they provide stock footage?

If you shot it, how did you protect your gear from overspray?

Thanks!

Chris Staab March 10th, 2005 05:41 PM

Spray shot...

I wrapped my camera several times over with plasic. Then I shot from behind a HUGE piece of plexi-glass. I was petrified getting that shot!

Anthony Marotti March 11th, 2005 08:24 AM

Re: Spray shot...

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Staab : I wrapped my camera several times over with plasic. Then I shot from behind a HUGE piece of plexi-glass. I was petrified getting that shot! -->>>

That sounds easy enough!

I am shooting a corporate gig soon and my DP wanted to build a shooting boothe, but your idea sounds simpler and more cost effective!

Thanks!!