16:9 Capture ONCE AND FOR ALL at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Closed Thread
Old April 24th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #1
Major Player
16:9 Capture ONCE AND FOR ALL

Okay, I have read many of the threads concerning this I want to end the questions once and for all.

If I shoot in 16:9 and capture in Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0, why does it look like 16:9 in the editing screen, but export squished?

What settings should be changed to prevent being exported squished?

This is an XL2 problem so I posted it in the XL forum, not Editing forum.
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew
Hi Mathew,
I assume that you are using Premiere Pro 1.0 (used to be called Premiere 7.0).

I run PPro 1.5 and hav eno problems. One question,
what format are you exporting to? If your project is a wide screen project (16:9) and you are exporting to a movie, you should have no problem. But , if oyu r project is a 4:3 project, you can not effectively exporet to 16:9.

If you are using WMV to convert the exported 16:9 AVI, make sure that the export size is an increment of 16:9.

Good luck,
Gone Fishing.
If you need me, please wait!
If it is important, please wait longer.
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #3
Major Player
Why are you not posting this in the post production forum? This has nothing to do with XL2...
Michael Struthers
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:33 PM   #4
Hi Matthew,

I see you've started a thread with essentially the same question in the Premiere forum already, and I agree with others that this has to be a settings issue, not anything specific to the XL2, so I'm closing this thread to avoid confusion. Your other thread:

is in the right place. I'm sure that you've just missed a setting within PPro somewhere in the process.
Pete Bauer
The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. Albert Einstein
Trying to solve a DV mystery? You may find the answer behind the SEARCH function ... or be able to join a discussion already in progress!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

Omega Broadcast
(512) 251-7778
Austin, TX

(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

(800) 238-8480
Glendale, CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders