16:9 Capture ONCE AND FOR ALL at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders

Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders
Canon XL2 / XL1S / XL1 and GL2 / XM2 / GL1 / XM1.

Closed Thread

Old April 24th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #1
Major Player

16:9 Capture ONCE AND FOR ALL

Okay, I have read many of the threads concerning this I want to end the questions once and for all.

If I shoot in 16:9 and capture in Adobe Premiere Pro 7.0, why does it look like 16:9 in the editing screen, but export squished?

What settings should be changed to prevent being exported squished?

This is an XL2 problem so I posted it in the XL forum, not Editing forum.
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:06 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hi Mathew,
I assume that you are using Premiere Pro 1.0 (used to be called Premiere 7.0).

I run PPro 1.5 and hav eno problems. One question,
what format are you exporting to? If your project is a wide screen project (16:9) and you are exporting to a movie, you should have no problem. But , if oyu r project is a 4:3 project, you can not effectively exporet to 16:9.

If you are using WMV to convert the exported 16:9 AVI, make sure that the export size is an increment of 16:9.

Good luck,
Steve
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #3
Major Player

Why are you not posting this in the post production forum? This has nothing to do with XL2...
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:33 PM   #4
Wrangler

Hi Matthew,

I see you've started a thread with essentially the same question in the Premiere forum already, and I agree with others that this has to be a settings issue, not anything specific to the XL2, so I'm closing this thread to avoid confusion. Your other thread:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=43531

is in the right place. I'm sure that you've just missed a setting within PPro somewhere in the process.
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders